Thursday 11 July 2013

My Rangoli My Culture


India is country of group, and all groups present its own identity with great culture which makes India different than other .Food, Language and Clothes are the actual parts which derived India with great culture. Like above, art is also great part which compares Indian culture regionally.
I am from Maharashtra so my culture different than others. by the language Marathi is my official state and native language. By the food comparison we , (like  Maharashtra and Gujarat people )mostly eat rice, dal, and vegetables on daily basis for lunch or dinner. Art is the also compare each state, but some common ancient art which are prefer in all states in India. Draw Rangoli, Mehandi on hand and wearing a saree on great occasion, are great art form which traditionally done by women in india.



Rangoli is the ancient folk art from India. It is the art of drawing images, design on the floor or any type of plain surface. Although Rangoli has its origins in Maharashtra, today it practiced all over the country, with different names like   Rangoli in Maharashtra, Kolam (in South India), Alpana (in Bengal) with common reason.
In India There is a tradition of designing a new rangoli everyday near the main entrance of the home. Rangoli designs are popular in Maharashtra, are rich and colorful.  It is the symbol of spreading warmth and joy. Rangoli basically made on During Hindu festivals and auspicious day for welcome of guest, so it is also a sign of welcome.
It is not an easy to create rangoli by someone because it is an art and mostly done by Indian woman with great practice. 



I am not a profesional writer i just want promot my self,with related stuffs and my culture which connect with me all time.above are some patterns of rangoli which are done by my sisters during festivals like diwali and ganesh chaturthi. 

No comments:

Post a Comment